Who is INCH?
INCH stands for Information Network of Christian Homes. We have been providing information, instruction, and inspiration for Michigan’s home educators since 1984.
For the state of Michigan to be a place where Christian families have freedom to pass on their faith in Jesus Christ through Biblically-based, family-centered, privately-funded, parent-directed home discipleship.
Our Core Values:
- Faith – Passing on the Christian Faith (teaching, modeling, and living Biblical Truth)
- Family – Protecting the Family (encouraging Biblical models for family discipleship, generational vision, child training, the marriage covenant, family-integrated worship, gender roles, etc.)
- Freedom – Preserving our Freedom (engaging with legislators, elected officials, other government agencies and political leaders.)
- Unity – Promoting Christian Unity (uniting Christian home educators, home education leaders, support groups and other homeschool ministries across Michigan– through cooperation, collaboration, and communication)
To provide information, instruction, and inspiration for Michigan’s home educators
To become a hub in Michigan that the Lord Jesus can use to strengthen and empower the Christian home discipleship movement, by:
- Conferences – Establishing Christ-centered events to educate, encourage, exhort, and equip Michigan’s home educating families.
- Communicating – Casting vision and sharing home discipleship ideas, information, opportunities, & resources from a Biblical worldview.
- Connecting – Creating a state-wide community of Christian homeschooling families, networked and unified for encouragement, support, and mutual benefit.
- Cultivating Leadership – Assisting local Christian support groups and home discipleship ministries, equipping leaders, and building a strong leadership network throughout the state.
- Providing a consistent voice in the Capitol – Engaging legislators and monitoring public policy, ensuring our continued freedom to home educate in Michigan thru our partnership with Citizens for Traditional Values.
Our Statement of Faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is One God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of God the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, as is the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose presence and power enable believers to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto eternal life and the lost unto eternal damnation.
- We believe in the power of prayer, both individual and corporate.
- We believe in the institutions of marriage, the family, the church, and the government as established by God in His Holy Word.
- We believe in the creation of man by the direct act of God, and therefore in the sanctity of human life, since each child is a gift from God, entrusted to his or her parents to be the primary care-givers and educators, training them in accordance with God’s will and Word.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that individual doctrinal differences which may exist outside the aforementioned, should not hinder the unity of Christian home educators.